Saturday, July 26, 2008

A good season


"Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13

With all these saving and planning and budgetting, one might think it's such a pain. I would think so too. We were talking to some friends who are closer to the "plenty" side and they are pretty easy with using their money. We, on the other hand, need to think many times before making a decision about purchases.

Yet, hubby and I both agreed that this is a good season for us. We are indeed, like Paul, not "in need", but we need to learn to the secret of living in every circumstances and in our case, at the moment, closer to the "little". If we have plenty, we might not have the discipline to learn. And thus, we may have missed out this very important season to prune, to train and to discipline ourselves.

Thank you God!

No comments: